Makeup is awesome!
Until it’s not.
When it’s not is when it clogs your pores, damaging your skin leaving you with acne, black heads and worse. This leads to you having to having to slather your face with even MORE makeup causing MORE breakouts.
Adding to this vicious cycle, cammers are even more prone to break outs than laypeople because they’re forced to wear heavier makeup due to performance lights washing them out. Therefore, cosmetics are a necessary evil for the job. Even if you want to appear like you’re a dewy woodland nymph only wearing mascara, you’ve mostly likely slathered on foundation, powder, and a helluva lot more to make it look that way.
That’s why it’s so important to cleanse your skin every night – never leaving any trace of makeup – and to use a quality product to do so.
Not only does nice skin make a great canvas, keeping it blemish free is the ultimate in confidence building – using makeup to enhance your beauty vs. cover problems is the way to go.
So how to get that golden flawless look?
Avoid good old soap and water, it really does make a difference what you use, cleansers should not strip your skin, irritate it, or force you to do a ton of scrubbing – be gentle!
With all the products on the market out there, that claim to do the job, it can be daunting to figure out what to use – especially when skincare can be so pricey.
Below are some choices that work fantastic and won’t break your bank.
- Makeup Remover Face Cloths – These babies are unreal! You don’t even need a cleaner to remove your eye makeup with them (though you can use it in addition to the cloths). They really work! On top of it, they’re eco-friendly and can be used over and over – just throw them in the washer and dryer.
- I-Lid and Lash – Recommended by optometrists this is nourishing for your eyelashes and not only removes makeup but cleans any gunk you have crusted around your lashes. I really like using these in tandem with the makeup remover cloths.
- Sunleaf Green Bar – So inexpensive! For $7.50 this will last you months on end and is super hydrating, removing all impurities as well as makeup.
- Tatcha Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder – I love this product because it lathers up so nice and it really lasts a long time. Just mix a bit of the granules in your hand with water and off you go. It’s also great for traveling because it’s dry – not a cream or a liquid soap – you don’t have to put it in a little baggie when you go through TSA.
- Etee Facial Cleansing Bar – Another soap that lasts forever – you really get your bang for the buck. This one gets real sudsy and leaves your skin super soft.
Don’t forget, once you’ve got your clean face, make sure to moisturize – preferably with an SPF in the day so you avoid the harmful rays that can damage your delicate facial skin and a heavier cream at night to rejuvenate your complexion.
Alyssa Collins hails from Minnesota, where snowy days were the perfect excuse to stay warm inside and write. Over the years, she turned that joy into a career and has authored numerous articles for various publications (under pen names). Email Alyssa via firstname.lastname@example.org.