Well kids, it’s that time of year again – the holidays.
Ugh, or yay! Which side are you on?
If you partake in the season, the ugh or yay factor can really come into play with gift giving.
Getting together a great list for yourself, so fans know what you want, and hustling up presents you’re proud of for friends, families, and others can be stressful. Namely juggling finances and frustration with the hard to buy folks comes to mind.
In addition, anxiety can also brew when you don’t know what the heck YOU want from others.
I’m sure some of you have no issue in that department, but for others of us it can be a very real “problem,” so we tell people to just get us a gift card which we promptly forget about and never use.
In the spirit of the struggle, I’ve put together a list of some shops that are a little off the beaten path, carry products at varying price points, and excel in quality. As an added perk, they’re all small businesses.
Why support small business?
Generally, their products are more unique, they have greater attention to detail in how they’re shipped, and ultimately, it’s good karma. Afterall, camming is a small business too. What goes around comes around. So, check out this small business holiday gift guide (in alphabetical order) for some ideas:
- Bijoux Indiscrets – Forward-thinking sexual wellness products and toys.
- Blue Q – Quirky, inexpensive, yet useful gifts with a sense of humor.
- Boston General Store – Some of the coolest products out there for kitchen, home, bath and more – and they take great care in wrapping and sending items.
- Etsy – Etsy is probably the best go-to place in the world for things you won’t find anywhere else. Must check out shops include: Marcy Kentz Talisman Jewelry, retro VHS lamps from NancysJars, outrageous leggings from foxsavant, witchy items from TheOraclesHaven, glow in the dark clocks from milliartglass, and iconic coasters and more from kikuhandmade.
- Greer Chicago – For those writers and folks who love to journal.
- Keap Candles – Amazing long-lasting scents for men and women.
- RVDCBD – Topnotch CBD products – stay tuned for an interview with the company on YNOT.
- Smoke Perfume – All-natural unisex botanical perfumes out of New Orleans.
- Thistle and Spire – Dark and sexy lingerie for all sizes.
- Uncommon Goods – Carries a slew of distinctive gifts that you won’t find anywhere else.
Good luck and happy shopping!
Photo credit: iStock.com/aamulya
Alyssa Collins hails from Minnesota, where snowy days were the perfect excuse to stay warm inside and write. Over the years, she turned that joy into a career and has authored numerous articles for various publications (under pen names). Email Alyssa via firstname.lastname@example.org.