The Holidays are upon us, so when cameras are rolling and you are teasing fans in your favorite sexy Santa costume, it is definitely time to keep that bikini area fresh, sexy and tidy. Rest assured many of your avid followers appreciate a styled, sleek or even full bush. Waxing is one of the most common and favored methods for pruning and sculpting your kitty because it lasts and results in softer hair regrowth.
So, ladies, consider these great tips to help maintain your Intimate Fitness™ and sexual health when removing hair from your sensitive, miraculous toy box.
When making your waxing appointment:
- Call your spa to be sure they have sensitive skin wax specifically for use on the bikini area.
- Exfoliate, moisturize and drink tons of water at least 24 hours ahead of your appointment.
- Clean the area before waxing using a wipe like AfterGlow or a baby wipe — for your protection and as nice gesture to your aesthetician.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Take your own unscented corn starch body powder with you to apply prior, if that is your waxer’s procedure.
- Schedule waxing around your period, because being on it can cause a more painful beauty experience.
- Take a big exhale when the wax strip is removed. It helps the body relax and diverts your attention, reducing the YIKES sensation.
- Advise your aesthetician of skin treatments you are using (Retin-A or Accutane, for example).
Any hair removal method is very stressful to skin, so pamper your pussy afterward. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize and hydrate. Be sure to wear loose clothing and cotton panties or go commando under a fabulous maxi dress so your newly bare lips can be friction free. Avoid tanning for about a day after hair removal, and be sure to apply sunscreen when you do hit the lounge chair.
Brazilian style should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance of sex or shooting, allowing time for irritation or redness to subside. Even delightful sex friction can cause prolonged irritation and leave you more vulnerable to STIs.
Waxing tends to cause more ingrown hairs than other removal methods, so exfoliating with a loofa or a gentle scrub diminishes dead cell build-up, helping avoid them.
If shaving is your preferred way to keep your sexy assets hair-free, be sure to use a fresh razor every time. Viruses (like warts) can be transmitted on razors around the body. And the sharper the edge, the less irritation to your camera-ready curves.
Deciding how much to remove is up to you of course, but for those of you who are very sensitive or have recurring irritations/infections below Santa’s belt, please forgo the Brazilian style and just groom outside the labia.
Have creative fun playing with designs, moving from bushier to landing strip or nude to keep your fans intrigued and coming back for more!
Shaktimi is a long-time adult novelty manufacturer and a yoga teacher with with more than 20 years under her belt. She is an author, speaker and consultant on personal health, sexual health and women’s pelvic health. Her mission is to create a paradigm shift in America’s perception and dialogue about all areas of women’s health, especially our sexuality and sensuality, through products and education.