If you already have a specific brand in mind or are only going to cater to a few specific kinks, you’ll likely have your first clips in mind already. Lots of us start out unsure of where we want to go though. If that’s you, the easiest place to start is with simple “vanilla” solo masturbation type of videos.
These types of videos are easy to shoot, endlessly repeatable and palatable to lots of different kinds of people so they’ll likely get you in front of many viewers. Of course, there are also a lot of models shooting this kind of content — thus, lots of content in the market — but as you figure out what sort of content sells best for you, you’ll be able to polish your craft and stand out from the crowd.
A lot of advice for models centers around finding your “niche” or getting more specific about the kind of customer you want to attract. In my experience, however, newer models have a hard time executing that advice. While you shouldn’t aim to hit every single kink out there, I think having a well-rounded clip library is a selling point for most models. It means that if someone finds you attractive or intriguing, chances are they’ll be able to find a video of yours to purchase!
Contents of Your Starter Library
If I was starting from scratch with a fairly vanilla solo masturbation brand, these are the videos I would try to tick off my list in the first month or two. They don’t require a ton of props, complicated set ups or kink knowledge, and they sell well for models of all shapes and sizes.
1. Shower or Bath Video – Make sure your camera is waterproof or positioned away from the shower spray. You can either go the hidden camera/voyeur route or masturbate in the shower.
2. Dildo Riding Video – Get ready for a workout! The key to these videos is hitting at least a few different positions, making sure you’re using enough lube and a dildo with a suction cup. POV-style shots are especially popular.
3. GFE Video – The Girlfriend Experience (GFE) video is a perennial classic. Everyone wants to feel loved and cared for, so lots of “I love you”s, a cute outfit and a sweet girlfriend-y demeanor are key for videos like this.
4. Panty or Lingerie Video – My first video was a panty haul video, and it continues to sell three years later. These are so, so simple to shoot and usually do quite well.
5. JOI or JOE Video – I had no idea this was a fetish until I started shooting porn. Look up JOIs on PornHub if you aren’t familiar with them and get read to make a lot of jerking off hand motions and say the words “stroke for me” until you’re blue in the face.
6. Roleplay Video – These are always popular. Take your pick from boss/employee, teacher/student, coworkers, classmates or sister/brother if you’re feeling really daring. There are so many ways to change these up, and everyone loves a little role play.
7. D/s Lite – This is a huge market, no matter what side of the slash you find yourself on, so I suggest dipping a toe into this category sooner rather than later. You don’t need to jump right into shibari or extreme verbal degradation, but try a sweet DDlg video or a video where you play someone’s cheating girlfriend.
8. Vibrator Video – A Hitachi or similar is a great investment if you don’t have one already. Multiple orgasm videos and close-up videos with toys sell super well in my experience.
9. Creampie Video – This one is slightly more advanced because there are so many ways for a creampie vid to go messily wrong. If you have a squirting dildo, absolutely bust it out and don’t be afraid to charge slightly more for a video with a creampie finish.
Once you have your library completed and your store set up, track your sales religiously in a spreadsheet and look at them at least every month to identify any patterns. Figure out what sells well for you. Then, do more of that!
Don’t be afraid to branch out and try new kinks or categories, but keep in mind that consistency is key for building up a clientele that keeps coming back for more. Good luck!
Clarabelle Woods is a clips producer and online sex worker. When she’s not naked online, she enjoys the great outdoors, the company of plants and a really good book. Email her at email@example.com.
Background header image via Pixabay.