If you’ve been poking around cam even for a little while, you’ve certainly learned that every network is like its own little world. Sure, there are similarities among and between them, but each site also has its own unique culture — specific ways of doing things that attract a particular clientele and particular models. That’s great, because there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all workplace (or sexy space).
One thing that’s fairly consistent across all networks, though, is rules. All networks have rules regarding what you can and cannot do on cam — and all networks also seem to enforce various points within their particular rule-book selectively. So for example, though some networks prohibit masturbation, toy use, and hardcore sexually explicit activity in public chat, this type of rule is rarely enforced. (But it could be at any time.)
The longer you work with a specific site, the more you will learn about its rules of engagement, including where you have some wiggle room and what can get you banned for life.
Even though there are many gray areas, there are some things you should always avoid on cam. Here are a few things that are never OK and should never be messed with:
- Minors, children, and/or babies may never be on camera or even in the same room as your cam space, ever.
- Animals and/or pets should never be on camera in a sexual or provocative context. The sexual part is obvious, but don’t even engage your pet in some sort of role play (punishing your pet on cam, for example). Not only is this cruel (because dogs don’t understand role playing), but it also can look negatively “provocative” to a viewer or mod.
- Illegal drugs or drugs that may be perceived as illegal in a specific location should never be seen on cam. Interestingly, cannabis use does not seem to be a ban-able offense. In fact, many models build their personas around marijuana.
- Rape — most sites do not allow any simulation of rape.
- Self-harm and anything involving blood (including menstrual blood) should be avoided. However, this does not include light BDSM play.
- Urination, defecation, breastfeeding or lactation, enema play, and vomiting are all on the riskier side. Obviously, if you are having a wellness issue, simply step off cam or take a formal break for as long as you need.
- Penetration of the vagina or anus with extreme items not meant for sexual stimulation. There are plenty of wild sex toys out there, even some fashioned to resemble edgy objects, but opt for the bottle-like sex toy instead of an actual bottle.
Though all types of play between consenting adults is great, networks have bigger-picture concerns regarding some of the edgier sexual depictions.
As always, it’s up to you to figure out what works best for you within the context of your experience and the environment of a particular network. Stay savvy, know there are always consequences in life, and work that platform to make the most money!